I guess you wouldn't believe it as I can't really believe it myself yet but I really bought a car on Friday!! I am the happy owner of a Toyota, 1996, as you can see on the picture!!!
I have a "buy back" option which means that I will sell it back to the same guy who sold me the car now. I hope I won't loose too much money...
Getting the money for the car was a special experience. South African banks are complicated, you have to queue forever and not every bank takes every common credit card or credit cards at all (at the tellers). In the end, I was queuing at four different banks for nearly two hours and came back with a bag full of notes because they could only give me 50 Rand notes.
I don't have to say that the worst thing you can do in South Africa is to walk around with lots of cash in your pocket but it was the only way for me so I had to. I was lucky - nobody took any notice. ;-)
Now, I have my own car and I'm so much more flexible than before which is great!!
It is too dangerous to go out when it's dark without a car which means that you are basically stuck at home in the evenings.
It is too dangerous to go out when it's dark without a car which means that you are basically stuck at home in the evenings.
Not anymore for me though... Yippieh... ;-)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen